At Power Surveying Company Inc., we have over 70 years of experience helping residential property owners access the surveying services they need. Whether you are a current property owner or a future property owner, it’s critical to employ a surveying team that can help you assess various components of your property and its boundaries. By using one of the most experienced teams in the industry, you can rest assured that you will benefit from the most reliable residential survey services in Colorado.
Below, let’s take a more in-depth look at the residential services that we offer to our clients.
Improvement Location Certificate (ILC)
ILCs are used by title insurers and mortgage companies to reduce risk during the underwriting process. Both of these parties require assurances that improvements do not interfere with the current boundary lines. Otherwise, they may be open to financial risk.
While an ILC is not a full survey, it will typically satisfy mortgage companies and title companies that there are not any property line encroachments.
- Purchasing or selling a residential property
- Refinancing a residential property
Improvement Survey Plat (ISP)
ISPs unearth your property’s exact corners to identify your property lines. ISPs are typically used during the building process or when a property owner wants to determine their precise property boundaries. ISPs will display improvements located within 5′ of your current property lines. They also detail easements of record, rights-of-way, and visible utilities.
- Building a residential structure
- Constructing a new residential wall or fence
- Calculating square footage for taxation
- Determining improvements that interfere with property lines
- Identifying easements of record
- Utilizing data for townhouses
- Determining if other parties have rights to the land
Land Survey Plat (LSP)
LSPs also unearth your missing property lines to help you identify your property’s exact boundaries. Not only do LSPs identify corners and boundary lines, but they also display rights-of-way and easements of record. Unlike ISPs, LSPs will not show any improvements on your property.
- Determine the exact location of a property’s corners
- Calculate square footage for taxation
- Determine if other parties have rights to the land
- Determine if there are any easements of record
Condominium maps are used to restore missing property corners and identify official boundary lines for residential condos. In addition to its core function, a condominium map will also display visible utilities, easements of record, rights-of-way, and any improvements within 5′ of your property boundary. Furthermore, individual condominiums are surveyed for volume and square footage.
For those who require it, a condominium map is also useful at illustrating shared areas within the property. Speak with our team if this is an additional service that you need.
- Selling or purchasing a condominium
- Determining the square footage of each condominium
- Illustrating the shared areas of the property
- Identifying the easements of record
- Determining improvements that interfere with property lines
- Determining if anyone else has rights to the property
- Defining the exact corners of the property
- Determining square footage for taxation
Topographic exhibits use contour lines to illustrate the current topographic terrain of your residential property. Like ILCs, a topographic exhibit will also display any structures within 5′ of your property’s boundary lines. These exhibits can help you analyze draining and assess grading.
- Displaying the nature of the terrain
- Using during the building process
- Using during the grading process
- Calculating volume
- Analyzing drainage
- Determining elevation
- Issuing a FEMA Elevation Certificate
- Using for a subdivision plat
We provide expert dispute resolution services that can help you protect your interests during a residential property dispute. We assist our clients by providing expert insights into precise property boundaries. We help you understand property law, property boundaries, and your rights throughout the dispute process. We often testify in court on behalf of clients who need an expert witness.
- Evidence in a boundary dispute with a neighbor
- For adverse possession
- Surveyor testimony for court
- To identify potential issues with your property boundaries
- To develop a property boundary exhibit
Building and Improvement Layout
A surveyor performs a building and improvement layout by staking out the relevant corners and building points for a new residential structure. This is done before construction to instructing builders on the correct measurements and boundaries of the new structure. Workers will use these “staked” points as they start to pour the foundation.
- Constructing a residential property
- Building an addition to a residential property
- Creating improvements to a residential property
Parcel, Easement & Vacation Descriptions
You can obtain one of these three descriptions depending on your property’s requirements. Parcel descriptions detail the portions of your land that aren’t currently subdivided. Easement descriptions describe parts of land that are available for public use or crossing. And vacation descriptions detail areas of your residential property (such as public areas and rights-of-way) that you are transferring to neighboring property owners.
- A detailed description of your property’s boundaries
- To vacate land
- To alter or create an easement
As a residential flood services expert, we are able to provide a range of property elevation services. Our services can help you determine your current property elevation and flood risk. Our flood services include ILCs, boundary recovery services, LOMA applications, and FEMA flood elevation certificates.
We are also happy to provide stake marking on your property. This service is useful if you need to rebuild a residential property due to flooding damage.
- Grading certificates for lot grade direction
- LOMA application to change flood designation
- Verifying setbacks
- FEMA elevation certificates
- Verifying heights are complying with local building codes
Contact Our Team to Discuss Residential Services
If you require any of the residential services mentioned on this page, get in touch with our team to discuss your particular needs. At Power Surveying Company Inc., we work closely with residential clients to protect their interests. We offer free estimates for all residential services. Call us today to get started!
Click here if you need a land surveyor in Colorado.
Or, go here if you’d like to learn more about commercial surveying.